Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Capstone

For my capstone, I am doing a series of stacked paintings with oil on panel. Its basically going to have a background and I am going to add in figures in paintings that can be viewed over the largest, background painting. 

This is a painting project I did last semester with a similar idea.  There are three paintings here that  should line up to create another painting

The main difference between these two paintings will be the color.   The background painting is going to be done in realistic colors while in the paintings that stack over it, the figures will be all that is in realistic colors.  Their surroundings are going to in colors of their choice.  The different perspectives of the people in one area.   

These are a few quick, hard to see, sketches I did just to get the general idea down.  The one of the right also shows possible ways to display the paintings.

This is a picture I took and put in rectangular blocks to show how what each painting will look like individually as well as in the stacked composition.
  
Here are some bad sketches with colored pencil just to show an example of how the colors might be.  I only have two figures so far but I plan to at least get one more. 
This is the background painting so far. 
  While I finish working on this painting, I will work on sketches for the figures in future paintings and cut panels to fit the dimensions for those paintings.  I also plan to find another figure or animal to place at the bottom of the painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment